Peter Cho is a San Francisco-based designer, media artist, and educator. He is a design lead and manager at Medium, where he has focused on creator tools, monetization, and content efforts. Previously, he was design lead on the Google ATAP team, directing the UX for Project Ara, and was VP of Design at Inkling, creating digital publishing and content delivery tools for publishers and corporations. As head of the design team for five years from the inception of the company, Cho directed product design, user research, and creative marketing efforts.
Cho holds a Master of Science degree from the MIT Media Lab, where his design research explored custom models for typography in time-based and reactive media, and a Master of Fine Arts degree from the UCLA Design Media Arts department, where his work dealt with issues of language, writing, and meaning.
He has received honors for his work from Ars Electronica, Tokyo Type Directors Club, New York Art Directors Club, ID Magazine, and Print Magazine. His work has been shown at the Telic Gallery, Ginza Graphic Gallery, Ars Electronica, Art Sonje, Seoul Arts Center, the Art Directors Club, and Cooper Union.
His interests include user experience, information design, electronic textuality, narrative, and mapping.
Writing on design, culture, technology, and media art
- On Medium
Teaching: Design courses and workshops
- Art Center DesignMatters Studio: UNICEF Story-Sharing Project, Spr 2008
- Art Center Media Design Program: Information Design, Sum 2007
- CalArts Graphic Design: Computational Concepts, Spr 2007
- UCLA D|MA Dynamic Type: Win 2006 | Spr 2006 | Win 2007 | Spr 2007
- UCLA D|MA Web: Fall 2005 | Win 2006 | Spr 2006
- UCLA D|MA Summer Institute 2005
- MIT Digital Information Design Camp, 2005
- Dynamic Typography, UCLA D|MA, Fall 2004
- Hongik University workshop, 2003